1. Create a dummy sprint in the left pane tree called for example ‘Product Backlog’ which will contain all User Stories of your project.
2. At the beginning of every sprint copy required User Stories from ‘Product Backlog’ to the new sprint by using node cloning. For node cloning you should press ‘Control’ key and ‘Drag & Drop’ node with required User Story from ‘Product Backlog’ to the new sprint node.
Extrapolation sector is automatically calculated on the base of work done by team per day and statistical stability of team velocity. Mathematical dispersion by definition cannot be calculated for values’ set of less than 3 measures therefore extrapolation sector will appear after you have filled at least 3 days of sprint/iteration.
Please select sprint node in left pane, choose 'General' tab in right pane and make sure date in 'Last Reported Date' is not less than the earliest date of 'Work Days' list which enumerates work days of your sprint. If necessary click button 'Select Next Reports Date' to scroll date to the next date in sprint schedule.
Remember that field 'Last Reported Date' is very important and it should be manually incremented at the end of each work day to enhance spreadsheets by one more vertical column for the following time reporting.
Sprintometer has some modern features like GUI in Microsoft Office 2007 style and themes which are not supported by Windows 2000 and earlier operating systems. Therefore you should use Windows XP, 2003, Vista or higher OS.
Installation is not required at all.
You should just download ZIP file, extract it into a local subdirectory and run executable
You will need about 8 MB of free space on disk for application together with User's Guide.
From the very beginning we decided to use Windows client because it can provide better graphics, usability and performance.
With invention of Web Services you can work with server located in WWW by using both Web and Windows apps.
The only different is that you need to download Windows client in second case.
Sprintometer can work either with local files or in client-server mode with public Sprintometer Server
via Web Services.
For team work you should:
1. Adjust Internet connection setting in Sprintometer as it is in your Internet Browser.
2. Register on Sprintometer Server.
3. Create a project on Sprintometer Server.
4. Assign all team members to the newly created project.
For work with local files, registration on Sprintometer Server and work with project on server the same Sprintometer executable can be used.
More details can be found in Sprintometer User's Guide.
1. You can export to Microsoft Excel any report or chart of Sprintometer.
2. You can export to Microsoft Excel a report of Sprintometer and then save it from Excel into CSV file to get simple text file.
3. You can save a project from Sprintometer as uncompressed or compressed XML file.
It was created in Russia by people who worked on Agile offshore projects for many years.
Generally Sprintometer as Agile tool is very simple and user-friendly.
ZIP archive available on this site for free download contains detailed User's Guide.
Inside User's Guide there is a chapter 'Quick start of SCRUM (XP) project tracking'.
We strongly recommend loading into Sprintometer of sample file from ZIP archive with data of SCRUM or XP project for quick understanding of application functionality.